Fees &Financial Conditions
British International School
School Fees Academic Year 2022/2023
An application fee of 5,000 SEK is due at the time of application. This fee is:
- Refundable if the school does not offer the student a place. Unless the child’s registration is carried forward to the following academic year.
- Non-refundable if the school offers the student a place but the student chooses not to take it.
- Not deductible from the tuition fees if the student is offered and accepts a place.
A single one-off payment of SEK 40,000 per student. This Fee is payable after the student has been offered a place and parents have accepted the offer. The Enrolment Fee is a non-refundable fee.
- Child 1 – 40,000 SEK
- Child 2 – 40, 000 SEK
- Child 3 (and all subsequent children) – a discount of 25% will be given to families that will be reflected on the first Tuition Fee invoice.
3-Term Tuition Fees 2022-2023.
- Each full School Year consists of two terms (Autumn Term & Spring Term).
- School Fees are broken down by Key Stages 1 to 5 (Year Groups 1-13).
- Tuition fees are invoiced per term.
- The below fee schedule is based on tuition fees per term as approved by The Swedish Schools Inspectorate (Skolinspektionen), which is the official body that regulates schools in Sweden.
Key Stages 1 to 5
(Tuition Fee Per Term)
Key Stage 1: Years 1-2
Key Stage 2: Years 3-6
Key Stage 3: Years 7-9
Key Stage 4: Years 10-11
Key Stage 5: Years 12-13
- Please note that fees for children who are not registered with their local kommun (i.e who do not have a Swedish personal number) are substantially higher than those listed above.
British International School offers a sibling discount as follows:
- 3rd child: 25% tuition fee concession
- 4th child: 25% tuition fee concession
- 5th child onwards: 50% tuition fee concession
Terms & Financial Conditions
- Tuition fees are invoiced per term.* and, for returning students, are before the start of the school year in August and due to 1st April.
- New students starting at the BISG in August will be invoiced due to starting school. Generally, the invoice is sent out in April.
- For students joining during the course of the academic year, tuition fees are calculated in full-term units (1/2 of the annual fee) and invoiced accordingly.
- * In exceptional cases, where parents’ circumstances prevent them from paying fees as one term payment (e.g. they carry the entire burden of the tuition fees and receive no assistance at all from an employer), parents can contact the Finance Department to apply for an alternative staged payment option. The school is not able to offer discounts on fees.
- All students withdrawing from the school must submit notification of their withdrawal in writing to the Admissions office –a three months notification period is required to ensure all necessary documents are ready.
- Please note that a full-term fee is charged for any part‐term attendance.
- Pupils leaving the school are required to clear all obligations before final records will be forwarded to the next school or University.
Pupils are enroled until the end of a term and any payments made to the school to secure a place for the next term are final and there will be no refunds or reductions due to delayed entry, absence or withdrawal.
- The Government Subsidy does not cover the school Fee. British International School is entitled to subsidies from Swedish municipalities for students in grades 1-12. However, your child must have a Swedish Personal Number [personnummer] before starting at British International School. This is required for the School to receive municipality funding for your child’s place.
- If the Swedish Personal Number is not obtained (or if the relevant municipality does not agree to fund the place) then your place at the school will be withdrawn and you will be personally liable for costs incurred by the School. If you are not correctly registered at the Tax Office, with a residential address in Sweden, you will also be personally liable for costs incurred by the school and your place will be withdrawn.
Parents should note that even if their employer does provide education benefits, the company may not be considered a “Company Pay” account for British International school. Parents should check with the Registration Office to inquire about their employer’s status.
Companies and organizations that have a current account with British International School are requested to provide parents of new students a letter stating that the company will be responsible for payment of tuition and fees. These companies are then required to pay the application fee, enrolment fee and tuition fees for the student within 10 days of the date the new student is accepted for enrollment.
This fee fayment, and the terms found herein, shall apply to the entire period during which the student is enrolled at BISG and for as long as any fees are outstanding. This policy shall be governed by the laws of Sweden.
If you have any questions or a complaint pertaining your Personal Information you can e-mail us at: email@example.com
At The BISG, we are an inclusive non-selective school and welcome applications to our school all year round from students of all abilities. We currently have availability in all year groups.
Start Your Journey
We are excited to share with you what our school has to offer and look forward to meeting your family. Please fill out admissions FORM below to start your BISU journey!
You can contact the Admissions Team in the following ways to discuss any questions you have about The BISU and the Admissions process.
Applying for a Place at the BISG
The BISG Admissions Team is here to support and guide you during your child’s next learning journey. We are excited and enthusiastic about each and every enquiry and application, and view each one as our priority.