British International School of Gothenburg (BISG)
Fees and Financial Conditions
British International School, Gothenburg (BISG) tuition fees are set in accordance with the fee structure set by STEAM Education, as approved by The Swedish Schools Inspectorate (Skolinspektionen), which is the official body that regulates schools in Sweden.
The school fees for the upcoming academic year are subject to change in accordance with Act 2015:801 concerning International Education, and applicable regulations.
The education at our school is carried out under the supervision of the Swedish School Inspectorate (Skolinspektionen) and is performed in accordance with the standards set out in the Swedish Education Act and other applicable Swedish regulations on International Schools. Please view our Admissions Policy.
Confidentiality and handling of personal data
By submitting the application and subsequently accepting to enroll with BISG, you agree that BISG handles your and your child’s personal data in their administration of the application and you accept the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which replaces the Swedish Personal Data Act (PuL) and the requirements for how companies can process your personal data is tightened.
Fee and Payment Structure
Our school fees are categorized by Key Stage (1-5) and Year Groups (1-13) and combine the Enrolment and Tuition Fee. To establish the Key Stage or corresponding Year Group, please refer to the Age Placement Guide for clarification on how the British School is structured in comparison to other international school systems.
The fees below reflect costs for the 2022-2023 school year only and are not binding for future school years. All fees must be paid prior to a student’s first day of school. Payment of the fees is a condition for a student’s presence at our school.
An application fee of 5,000 SEK is due at the time of application. This fee is:
- Refundable if the school does not offer the student a place. Unless the child’s registration is carried forward to the following academic year.
- Non-refundable if the school offers the student a place but the student chooses not to take it.
- Not deductible from the tuition fees if the student is offered and accepts a place.
A single one-off payment of SEK 40,000 per student. This Fee is payable after the student has been offered a place and parents have accepted the offer. The Enrolment Fee is a non-refundable fee.
- Child 1 – 40, 000 SEK
- Child 2 – 40, 000 SEK
- Child 3 (and all subsequent children) – a discount of 50% will be given to families that will be reflected on the first Tuition Fee invoice.
3- Annual Tuition Fee
- Each full School Year consists of two terms (Autumn Term & Spring Term).
- School Fees are broken down by Key Stages 1 to 5 (Year Groups 1-13).
- Tuition fees are invoiced per full school year.
The fees below reflect costs for the 2022-2023 school year only and are not binding for future school years. All fees must be paid prior to a student’s first day of school.
Key Stages 1 to 5
Tuition Fee Per Term
Key Stage 1: Years 1-2
Key Stage 2: Years 3-6
Key Stage 3: Years 7-9
Key Stage 4: Years 10-11
|Key Stage 5: Years 12-13||SEK 156,000|
- Please note that fees for children who are not registered with their local kommun (i.e who do not have a Swedish personal number) are substantially higher than those listed above.
BISG offers a sibling discount as follows:
- 3rd child: 25% tuition fee concession
- 4th child: 25% tuition fee concession
- 5th child onwards: 50% tuition fee concession
- Tuition fees are invoiced per full school year.* and, for returning students, are before the start of the school year in August and due to 1st April.
- New students starting at the BISG in August will be invoiced due to starting school. Generally, the invoice is sent out in April.
- For students joining during the course of the academic year, tuition fees are calculated in full-term units (1/2 of the annual fee) and invoiced accordingly.
- In exceptional cases, where parents’ circumstances prevent them from paying tuition fees for the full academic year as one payment (e.g. they carry the entire burden of the tuition fees and receive no assistance at all from an employer), parents can contact the Finance Department to apply for an alternative staged payment option. The school is not able to offer discounts on fees.
- All students withdrawing from the school must submit notification of their withdrawal in writing to the Admissions office –a three months notification period is required to ensure all necessary documents are ready.
- Please note that a full-term fee is charged for any part‐term attendance.
- Pupils leaving the school are required to clear all obligations before final records will be forwarded to the next school or University.
Pupils are enroled until the end of a term and any payments made to the school to secure a place for the next term are final and there will be no refunds or reductions due to delayed entry, absence or withdrawal.
Swedish Government subsidies
The Government Subsidy does not cover the school Fee. BISG is entitled to subsidies from Swedish municipalities for students in Swedish grades 1-12. However, your child must have a Swedish Personal Number [personnummer] before starting at BISG. This is required for the school to receive municipality funding for your child’s place.
If the Swedish Personal Number is not obtained (or if the relevant municipality does not agree to fund the place) then your place at the school will be withdrawn and you will be personally liable for costs incurred by the School.
If you are not correctly registered at the Tax Office, with a residential address in Sweden, you will also be personally liable for costs incurred by BISG and your place will be withdrawn.
Parents should note that even if their employer does provide education benefits, the company may not be considered a “Company Pay” account for BISG. Parents should check with the Registration Office to inquire about their employer’s status.
Companies and organizations that have a current account with British International School are requested to provide parents of new students a letter stating that the company will be responsible for payment of tuition and fees. These companies are then required to pay the application fee, tuition for the current term within 10 days of the date the new student is accepted for enrollment.
Term and governing law
This Fee Payment, and the terms found herein, shall apply to the entire period during which the student is enrolled at BIS and for as long as any Fees are outstanding. This Policy shall be governed by the laws of Sweden.5