STEAM Education stimulates innovation, creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
Our School Fees are broken down by Key Stages 1 to 5 (Year Groups 1-13). To work out what Key Stage or Year Group your child is in, please refer to the Age and Year Group comparison information to see how The British School structure compares with other international school systems.
The fees below reflect costs for the 2021-2022 school year. All fees must be paid prior to a student’s first day of school.
An application fee of 2,500 SEK is due at the time of application. This fee is:
- Refundable if the school does not offer the student a place. Unless, the child’s registration is carried forward to the following academic year.
- Non-refundable if the school offers the student a place but the student chooses not to take it.
- Not deductible from the tuition fees if the student is offered and accepts a place.
A single one-off payment of SEK 25,000 per student. This Fee is payable after the student has been offered a place and parents have accepted the offer. The Enrollment Fee is a non-refundable fee.
- Child 1 – 25 000 SEK Enrollment Fee
- Child 2 – 25 000 SEK Enrollment Fee
- Child 3 (and all subsequent children) – a discount of 25% will be given to families that will be reflected on the first Tuition Fee invoice.
FEES & PAYMENTS
Thank you for considering British International School in Gothenburg (BISG) for your family. Please find more information about our fees and tuition policies below:
The below fee schedule is based on tuition fees as approved by The Swedish Schools Inspectorate (Skolinspektionen), which is the official body that regulates schools in Sweden. Please scroll down for tuition fees schedule.
Tuition Fees 2020-2021
- Key Stage 1: Years 1-2 SEK 48,000
- Key Stage 2: Years 3-6 SEK 60,000
- Key Stage 3: Years 7-9 SEK 72,000
- Key Stage 4: Years 10-11 (GCSE) SEK 84,000
- Key Stage 5: Years 12-13 (A Level / IB) SEK 96,000
- Please note that fees for children who are not registered with their local kommun (i.e who do not have a Swedish personal number) are substantially higher than those listed above.
- School fees are inclusive of loaned items such as books, iPad and/ MacBook Air, curriculum trips, Learning Support Services and English as an Additional Language support (EAL). Registration for Internal after-school activities are also included.
British International School offers a sibling discount as follows:
- 3rd child: 25% tuition fee concession
- 4th child: 25% tuition fee concession
- 5th child onwards: 50% tuition fee concession
- The Application Fee 2,500 SEK is payable at the time of the online registration and is charged to process the application of new students.
- Once the child receives a formal offer from the school and is accepted by the parent, the enrolment fee 40,000 SEK is charged to enroll the child and secure the seat.
- Once the signed offer letter is returned and the enrolment fee is paid, the full first term’s tuition is due prior to the student starting school. Please note that British International school tuition fees are exclusive of uniforms and transport.
- Students are enrolled for the complete term and British International School will not reduce or refund any part of the Annual Tuition Fee for a term or any other fee, due to delayed entry, absence, or withdrawal.
- British International School can collect annual tuition fees in two instalments, due at the beginning of each term. The first term’s payment will be 60%, the second 40% of annual tuition fees. Generally, the first invoice is sent out in May for the first term and in November for the second term.
- Students enrolling at British International School for the second term of the school year are only required to pay 50% of the Annual Tuition Fee.
Meet our Admissions Team
Whether you think you may be relocating to Sweden in the future, or if you live here already and are just exploring alternatives, we welcome you to contact us. We are happy to help with even the most tentative of enquiries so please do not hesitate to contact us.